How big is baby: According to The Bump, the baby is now the size of a head of lettuce! Hopefully not that shape though... that would make any delivery difficult! :) We're now in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range and getting bigger all the time. According to most sites, baby's eyes are open and looking around now. Quite the view, huh? We also have eyelashes <3 all the better to bat at daddy so we get everything we want :)
Weight gain/loss: Not really sure what the number is, but I've definitely gained weight now. Dr. Lamade even made a comment about it last Thursday when we saw him. He said something along the lines of, "oh I see we've gained the weight this month that we didn't gain last month". Umm... thanks? :( I thought I had been doing well before.
Stretch marks: Oh yeah, and they're dark. Luckily I can't see them since they're on my lower stomach, but Brian tells me they're growing nicely too.
Maternity clothes: Sarah, Emily and I hit Motherhood Maternity this weekend and found around $150 worth of cute maternity-ness for me. Including this dress...
which I'm wearing today. <3 It's supposed to be into the 70s today so I thought today was the day to break out the pretty dresses. I did opt for tights under it though because it's a bit short and I don't want to scare any of my students :)
I also got cute skinny maternity jeans (oxymoron?) and t-shirts from Old Navy. I'm wearing maternity exclusively now with one or two non-maternity shirts thrown in there. Cardigans are my saviors though. I'm definitely a whole lot warmer around the clock now so I usually start the day with long sleeves and end it with t-shirts or tanks.
Food cravings or aversions: SOY SAUCE! YUCK!! I cannot stand the mere thought of soy sauce/teryaki sauce right now which is a shame because I used to love it so much. Not sure if this is my body telling me I've had too much sodium or what, but I cannot stomach soy sauce anymore. The other food I've eliminated is cheesesteaks. :( Sad :( They definitely make me sick now. Brian and I had minute steaks last Wednesday and I was still feeling the ill effects at the end of the day on Thursday.
Movement: OH MY GAWD, do we have movement! There was one night last week where I swear the baby was doing cartwheels at 3 am. It woke me from a sound sleep and I could not get back to sleep for hours! I realize I'm only 26 weeks and that I have plenty of kicking, punching, dancing to go but I have to say I have loved every kick, punch and two-step this baby has preformed. There's nothing like sitting in class and feeling my little baby performing their own little ballet, oblivious to the rest of the world.
What I miss: Right now, nothing. <3 I love being pregnant and would be willing to give up anything for this :)
Misc: My baby shower is quickly approaching! I cannot wait to get all the baby gifts into his/her room and start getting things set for the arrival! The crib is already here and put together (in the wrong room, but it is assembled!) and I have some clothes and toys. Nothing big yet. :) I can't wait to see our whole extended family and to continue preparing our lives for this little one!! <3
OH, and Aunt Sarah got to feel the baby kick last night! She's the first (other than Brian and me) to get to feel kicks. Very exciting!!

I like to think that the baby high-fived me :-)
ReplyDelete