Hey, look at this! Two posts in just a few days! Aren't you lucky readers?! :)
Yesterday was Brian's 29th birthday so we spent the weekend relaxing together and seeing some friends. Saturday we had planned on taking a day trip somewhere but changed our minds pretty early and just had a lazy day. We were on our way to lunch at the Hitching Post when I saw that our friends Sarah and Mark Killian were stranded at Cabala's (20 minutes for our house!) until someone could come help them haul their car home. We quickly called them and canceled our lunch plans and headed straight to entertain them. They had been there for about half an hour before we got there, but it was nice to grab a drink with them and catch up. I don't think we had seen them since our wedding in 2009! It was also a good excuse to hit Red Robin for some milkshakes <3!
After the Killians hit the road with their car in tow, we headed back to our apartment. Mark and Sarah Aldrich showed up soon there after to borrow our saw to trim their Christmas tree. While the boys caught up on their techy stuff, I caught Sarah up on my dental adventures...
About fifteen years ago I had to have a route canal on one of my molars. The tooth they worked on had always been a problem, starting when I was in 3rd (?? I think ??) grade. The dentist we were going to at the time had tried to drill into it to fill what he thought was a cavity to have the entire middle of my tooth drop out. I distinctly remember the severe pain and how scared I was because he didn't give me any Novocain and was screaming at me to stop crying. Needless to say that was the last time we went there!
Dr. Pascoe <3 had fixed the tooth shortly there after and we thought everything was fine, only to have it abcess a few years later. The route canal seemed to work for quite some time, but then two years ago when my crown fell off, Dr. Pascoe noticed that there was some decay around the tooth. He sandblasted it a little bit and then put the crown back on. Two weeks ago, I started having pain and a reallllllly nasty taste in my mouth. We went to a dentist down here and (much to my chagrin) took an x-ray. That dentist agreed with Dr. Pascoe's assessment that there was some decay there. He thought that we could solve any issue by redoing the root canal and getting a new, better fitting crown. Because he was not my regular dentist, I decided to visit Dr. Pascoe's office back home over Thanksgiving. He's not there anymore (sad) but the new practice that took over said that there was so much decay on both sides AND between the roots that we'll have to pull the tooth :( and put in an implant. Yuck. Their assessment was that if we took the post and filing out from the previous root canal that the tooth would crumble. At first I wasn't on board with this decision. Implants are expensive and very time consuming. Best case, I'll have the new implant by this summer. That's a LONG way off and I wasn't sure I was ready to commit to that much dental work. While we were in the office, they decided to remove the crown because it was so loose. I didn't realize at the time that they weren't planning on putting anything back over the tooth. Now that the crown is gone, the tooth has started to, for lack of a better term, fall apart. There's now a pretty substantial hole in the front of the tooth now. Soooo I am no officially on board with getting rid of this tooth. :( The price is going to suck, but I'd rather do this now than have more issues down the line. Yay. I'll have the tooth pulled on December 30th and then we'll go from there. I think that appointment will also include filling the area where the roots were (a.k.a bone graft). Then after that heals, they'll put in the post. Once that heals, I think I get the actual implant. It's going to be a long and oh so fun process!
Sunday, Brian's actual birthday, I got up early and made oatmeal pancakes. We tried to go out and get Brian and new phone, but the phones you can get for free on Verizon's website are NOT free at their stores. When we got back from our failed shopping trip, I took a short nap while Brian played Skyrim then we were off to dinner with Mark and Sarah. We went to Union Jack's where the boys enjoyed several beers. :) The food was SOOOO good. I had crab cakes and french fries for dinner there last night and for leftovers today. The wings we had as an appetizer were amazing as well. We'll definitely have to make a trip back there again!
The rest of this week looks pretty decent. We're hoping to get out to Harrisburg to visit with the Sheffields, Sarah and I are going to go see Breaking Dawn and stuff ourselves with popcorn. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment