Friday, December 2, 2011

Back :)

Hello Internets! Yes, I realize it has been MONTHS since I last wrote so I figured today is as good a day as any to restart. :)




Things in our lives have been looking very good. Work has been great for me. I have had a student teacher for the last 6 weeks and she is AH-MAY-ZING! I honestly don't know what I would have done if she wasn't so great. The first week she was here, she started teaching. This is not the norm. Usually, student teachers observe for the first week or two and then slowly begin taking over classes. Katelyn took 5 of the 6 sections in the first week. And did an amazing job! I can't believe how quickly our time together has gone! She only has two weeks left (sad) and then I'm on my own again. :(



We had a great visit to the Adams and Aldrich families over Thanksgiving. Other than the killer allergies, that is! I always forget how bad my allergies (not to mention B's!) get when we're in Susquehanna County for more than a few hours! Benadryl was definitely my best friend for those five days. We didn't get to go Christmas tree shopping with the Aldrich family like we've done in the past because Miss Annalyn June got baptized on Sunday!



I don't think we'll be home between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it was nice to see everyone. :)


Now for something totally different.... I read a blog today that really upset me and I need to comment on it.  Because the author/mom that owns the blog is going through a really tough time, I won't comment directly there, but I do need to get something off my chest.

In August, Brian and I had a miscarriage. It was horrible and we had no idea what hit us. It took us months to come to peace with the fact that there was nothing we had done wrong and that this pregnancy was just not meant to be.  Neither Brian nor I are overly religious, but we do both consider ourselves Christians.  One thing we needed to realize was that this was NO ONE'S fault, not even God's. The blog I read today said, "we believe that our God is a God of healing, health, and long life. Death and destruction are never the Lord's will. Plain and simple, they are works of the enemy." I agree with PART of this, in reference to miscarriages. I do believe that our God is a God of healing and health and long life.  However, I think that my body and God knew that the baby I lost would not be healthy nor would that baby have a long, happy life. 

Thinking that death and destruction are never part of God's plan just sets you up for disappointment and questioning of your own beliefs.  What is that poor mom going to do if she loses that baby? Sometimes things that we want are not meant to be in our time. We need to let go and realize that there is someone bigger, stronger, more knowledgeable than we are. I trust that this pregnancy for me was not meant to be.  That does not make this situation any easier, but what is the alternative? Thinking you did something wrong to cause this? Claiming it was your "enemy" that caused this? (Who is this enemy anyway?) Thinking that because you did not believe steadfastly enough or pray enough to save your child?

Miscarriages/pregnancy losses are hard. No one who has not been there can understand how hard they can be. I just can't help but think that the attitude of this blogger will hurt her more than she knows is possible.



Annnnnnd... rant over :)

1 comment: