Saturday, August 21, 2010

A bit of this and that...

Eeee... writer's block! I'm sure there are things that have happened this summer that were exciting (or at least, I could make sound exciting) but I can't think.  Maybe it's because school is looming on the horizon.  Today is the 21st, we go back to school in 9 days. My classroom is (mostly) ready. I need to go shopping for new clothes, but I don't want to spend a fortune because I'd like to get back into shape.  I remember living at home and being so skinny people were afraid Brian was going to break me.  Sigh. Or maybe I could NOT lose weight, and instead gain weight for a good reason. Huh? Wouldn't that be fun?  But either option takes time and effort.  Time, I've got. Effort? Not so much. (At least for the weight loss thing, wink wink)

Anyway... writer's block dissipating slightly.... here's an oh so exciting list of exciting things we've done this summer :) (in no particular order)

1. Moving into a bigger, nicer, cooler apartment--so what if it's in the same complex?! We absolutely LOVE this apartment.  And having a second bedroom opens up a world of opportunities for entertaining guests.  And so far I've managed to keep Brian from turning it into a game room!!

2. Hawaii--LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! Can we please move here? Well at least for a little bit, like a year, and then go from there. Would you miss us?

3. Thomas & Jessica's wedding/Seattle--another lovely visit to the West Coast.  Convincing Brian to stay on the East Coast may be harder than keeping our second bedroom a bedroom! The wedding was gorgeous and we loved seeing the extended family again :)

4. My first husband free vacation--My parents and sisters and I went to Bethany Beach for a week. It was lovely, although too quick.  I did drive all by myself from Reading to Delaware, which was an adventure in itself. :)

5. Got to drive a super nice Chrysler 300--after Brian's second accident in a few short months we decided that we couldn't make due with one car so we rented a car.  Thanks to State Farm's rental car coverage, we got a NICE car.  Which made going back to driving our own cars even harder! Lesson here? If you're going to rent a car, either (a) don't get attached or (b) don't rent a vehicle nicer than the one you're replacing!

6. Weekend trip with the Aldrich siblings--The weekend after my Delaware trip, we went to Six Flags and the Jackson outlets in New Jersey.  It was great to spend time with them outside of planning and carrying out weddings :)



I'm sure there were many other exciting things, but that's all I have for now.  It's time for me to get my butt in gear and get ready for my movie date with my hawt husband :) Scott Pilgrim vs. the World or Dinner for Schmucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment