Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hey, guess what! I HAD A BABY!

Yeah that whole pregnancy thing got in the way of me updating... about my pregnancy. So here's a mini-rundown of how it all went.

  • 99.999% of the time, I enjoyed being pregnant.  The heartburn only got bad at the very end. I felt great, I looked great (if I do say so myself) and my pregnancy was textbook perfect. (Just like my little baybee <3) I think I only gained about 25 pounds. I stopped weighing myself and paying attention when they weighed me at the office.  I felt amazing so I wasn't going to get myself down :)


Yeah, I got kinda huge. But still cute :)



  
  • The biggest issue I had was the killer yeast infection I got the very last weekend I was pregnant.  We didn't discover what the real problem was until the night before the sweetness was born.  Which meant there wasn't anything they could/would do until after the c-section.  There was much suffering and little sleep the night of the 5th but I didn't think I'd sleep that night anyway.
     


Here I am looking especially lovely, thanks to the yeast infection pain and the contractions and lack of sleep. Isn't my husband sexy in his scrubs?!
  • The c-section went super well.  Brian watched the.whole.damn.thing. Shocking, I know.  I thought for sure he would just stay by my head, blood and guts and all that but he did a great job.  And let me tell you, spinal anesthesia = the most AMAZING thing in the world! My anesthesiologist was the best.  He talked me through the whole thing and offered me any and every drug I wanted. :) And the best thing about the c-section?


Kinsley Charlotte Aldrich
7 pounds 6 ounces
18 3/4 inches long
Born at 12:58, Wednesday June 6th, 2012
  • She is wonderful and perfect and makes me want to stay up all night watching her sleep.  She sleeps, well, like a baby. :) In the cliche sense.  As in if we don't wake her up, she will sleep for anywhere from 3 to 5 hours at a time.
     
     
  • Everyone loves her and we've had a ton of visitors...



  • The only problem? She is jaundiced.  Like pretty significantly.  Not so bad that she had to be readmitted to the hospital, but bad enough that she has had to be on a bili-blanket the last two days. Basically my baby is a glo-worm.  But she is the cutest glo-worm in the world <3 Brian and I are both a little sleep deprived.  We have been getting up to feed her every two hours to nurse and change her diapers.  The best way to get rid of jaundice is to nurse like crazy and keep her on the bili-blanket.  The only problem is that the blanket makes nursing harder because there's a huge tube coming off her side.

I can't figure out how to flip this picture. Deal with it.

  • I've been pumping so Brian can feed Kinsley with the bottle because it's easier for her to drink from a bottle and it's good bonding time for my baby and her daddy. He has been wonderful and supportive and I couldn't do this without him.  He has had this week off and it's been great having him at home.  Next week should be interesting since the beeblet and I will be on our own.

I love love love love LOVE being her mommy <3 And I can't believe she's already a week old!

No comments:

Post a Comment