- How big is baby: Our little one is between 10.5 to 11.8 inches and weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces, the size of a papaya <3 And officially big enough that the little tweeblet's movements are pretty obvious to me :)
- Weight gain/loss: Around 5 net pounds since November, which means I'm FINALLY starting to gain weight! (never thought I'd be cheering for weight gain...)
- Stretch marks: Just a few on the sides of my bump, nothing major. :) And every little mark is more than welcome, that means the baby is growing!!
- Maternity clothes: Almost exculusively now... and I'm good with that. I'd rather be comfy and cute than overflowing my clothes!
- Sleep: Meh... I get a solid four hours a night and then am restless for a few hours. I'm sleeping mostly on my side now but I wake up occasionaly on my back. Which makes my back hurt after a little bit. :( I think this is just my body preparing itself for when the tiny one arrives <3
- Food cravings or aversions: None really... I eat what I'm hungry for and avoid what doesn't sound good to me. The babe definitely likes sweets though! We got an email a few weeks ago about the baseball team selling Krispy Kreme donuts and as soon as I asked one of my kids if they were selling them the baby started jumping around like crazy!
- Movement: All over the place now! It's mostly at the end of the day and early in the morning. Sometimes I can feel 10 to 15 kicks, punches, jumps in a row and other times it's just a few here and there. I cannot wait until B can feel the kicks too :)
- What I miss: Being able to take whatever cold/allergy meds I want! We spent this past weekend cleaning out our bedroom to make room for the baby and the dust was unbearable! I was okay while we were cleaning but Saturday night into Sunday I barely slept between 2 and 8. Last night I took Benedryl and that seemed to help but I am not going to make taking it a habit. I know it's safe occasionaly but I know how out of it I get when I take Benedryl, so what's it doing to the baby??
- Misc: I've (FINALLY) started having dreams about the baby! I've heard that if you dream about the sex of your baby you're most likely right. Both last night and Thursday night I dreamt about a sweet little baby girl with bright blue eyes and brown hair <3 Both B and I would be thrilled with a boy or a girl, but I FEEL like we're having a girl. Maybe it's wishful thinking (my sisters both just had girls in April and May last year, so if we have a girl we'll get lots of hand me downs!) or the fact that everyone in my family had a girl first, but I'm holding to this baby being a girl :)
- We haven't decided on a girl name yet but we've narrowed it down from 50 to 20 :) We've also narrowed the list of boy names down, but again no clear winner yet.
Not that my due date really matters that much since this baby will be born via c-section. Thanks to my myomectomy (nasty fibroid removal) six years ago, Dr. Lamade thinks it's best if we avoid the risk of tearing and do the c-section. Because we (especially Dr. Lamade) don't want for me to go into labor at all if possible, we'll schedule the section for a week to 10 days before 40 weeks. I think Dr. Lamade is more antsy/excited for this baby than most people we know so he's itching (just as much as us!) for this baby to arrive. When we saw him at the end of January he mentioned delivering the baby at the beginning of June! :) Now, if my EDD is June 19th, ten days early would be June 9th which is early June. We have school until June 6th so if he wants to deliver before then I'll have to take sick days, which is FANTASTIC by me!! <3 I cannot believe that in less than 4 months I'll be a mommy!
My computer does not want to cooperate, so my plan to upload multiple pictures has fallen through :( But here's our most recent ultrasound!! :)
My little thumb-sucker at 20 weeks :)
Things I Need to Get Done Before The Baybee Comes...
Find a cute shower invitation- Send out said invites for March 24th
- Create and carry out a menu for the shower
Pick out a crib for baby to sleep inAssemble the cribRealize that the crib should not be assembled in OUR bedroom, but instead in the second bedroom. The baby won't sleep in it right away anyway and will sleep in the pack n' play in our room.- Clean out the second bedroom
- Reassemble the crib in the baby's room/guest room
- Find a dresser/changing table for the baby
- Write a letter to the school board requesting FMLA for next school year
- Clean/reorganize my classroom so my sub can find things!
- Attend my baby shower on March 24th BEFORE the risk of being put on travel restriction
- Buy any other "must haves" before the tiny one shows up
I'm sure there are a million other things I need to do, but that's all I've got for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment