Good morning, kiddos! (yes, that's how I start my classes EVERY DAY) On the way in to school this morning, I realized that exactly one month from today is the LAST DAY OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!!! Wooooot woooooot! For me, this means a lot of things...
1. I have a whole bunch of stuff to get through in the next 23 days. Such as 4-Sights today and tomorrow (or maybe Wednesday), the entire novel To Kill a Mockingbird, at least one unit in my 1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th period classes (two if I can), and a whoooollllllle lot of grading! OH, and final exams... writing them, proctoring them, grading them.
2. Seattle and Hawaii are getting ever closer! No, not literally. The land masses are not moving.
3. My darling husband and I have been married for almost a year.
4. I need to get my but in gear on the whole cleaning out my classroom thing. Every year I do a little less. The first year, I made sure EVERYTHING was off my counters and all the desks and tables were washed. This year (my fourth year, for anyone out there that is counting) I think I'll make sure that everything on the counter is in a box and labeled so when the custodial staff move it to clean my counters they'll know where to put it when they're done.
5. We need to start packing up our apartment! We're moving in a month and 4 days and there is a lot A LOT of stuff we have to do between now and then.
Okay... enough list making. I'm feeling a whole lot of witchy today. I don't know if it was the altered sleep schedule we were on this weekend or what, but I'm not really fit for human interaction today. Hence the 4-Sight testing in all my classes. If all the cherubs are testing, I don't have to deal with any drama. And let me tell you, this is a drama filled class!
On an exciting note, we booked our flights for the big vaca last night!!!! :-D Aren't you excited?! We even managed to get a nonstop flight from Philadelphia to Seattle on the way out. The other flights have at least one stop, but that's a really good thing. Let's just hope I'm not sick this time around!
No comments:
Post a Comment